This glute workout is sure to burn your glutes out and give you a nice lift.
This workout is for intermediate to advanced fitness levels and you will need access to the gym for some equipment, unless you have a barbell and dumbbells at home.
Let's get to it!
20 Cable Glute Kickbacks (10 each side)
- Start with the cable pulley at the bottom. Attach your ankle or foot with the appropriate attachment to the cable.
- Bend the supporting leg slightly shifting all of your weight onto that side. With the attachment on the opposite leg, bend the knee in then kick the leg straight back and up slightly to get a squeeze on the hamstrings and glutes.
- Bring the leg that you kicked back to starting position and repeat for all reps. Then repeat on the opposite side.
8-10 Barbell Romanian Deadlifts
- Start with loading the barbell with an appropriate weight on the floor. Place feet about shoulder width apart and toes straight forward.
- Grab the barbell wider than shoulder width apart, right on the outsides of your knees. Pick up the barbell with your legs through the heels, and not with your back by keeping the back straight and lats engaged.
- Lower the barbell down in front of you keeping it close to your legs and pushing your glutes back behind you with only a slight bend in the knees.
- Come back up to standing by pushing through your heels. Then repeat for all reps.
15 Kneeling Hip Thrusts
- Start with Smith Machine and a mat on the ground for your knees. Sit with your knees on the ground in a frog position (sitting on heels) and bar on the back of your neck and shoulders comfortably.
- Lift the butt off of the ground as high as you can and squeeze your glutes at the top.
- Lower back down to sitting on your heels and repeat for all reps.
20 Step Up to Reverse Lunges (10 each side)
- Using a bench or box that is stable. You can use your own body weight or use light dumbbells with this exercise.
- Step up with one leg (supporting leg), step the non supporting leg down on the ground.
- With the foot still on the bench, step back into a reverse lunge. Then step the back foot back up onto the bench to repeat.
- Do all reps on one side, then switch sides.
30 Seconds Kettlebell Swings
- Set your timer for 30 seconds to kit start when you are ready. Grab the kettlebell with both hands, and keep feet slightly wider than hip-width apart and arms straight down in front of your thighs.
- Bend slightly forward and the hips and knees to push the kettlebell back in between the legs keeping the lats engaged and shoulders back.
- Drive up to standing to swing the kettlebell up by squeezing the glutes.
- Swing back down in between the legs to repeat for the full 30 seconds of each set.
This is a challenging workout so please be advised to consult your doctor before starting any new exercise routine.