6 Protein Packed Dessert Recipes from Body Builders
I asked in out First Time Competitor group what some of their favorite prep friendly desserts were while prepping for a show.
Turns out we all like dessert for the most part and I find that is usually the one thing that most of us crave and miss when on a prep as well.
So here is a list of healthy protein desserts that can still be eaten on prep as long as it fits your calories and macros!
High Protein Almond Berry Pancakes by Sareena Daniels
- 40 g rolled oats
- 1 scoop birthday cake or vanilla protein
- 1 cup mixed berries (I bought a frozen mix, heated it up in the microwave, and took half for topping as shown in photo 🍓)
- 1 egg
- 120 g egg whites
- 2 tsp baking powder
*mix all ingredients in either a blender or whisk it
* and boom! Lightly spray pan over medium heat and cook to your desired size. These cook quickly as holes/bubbles will form for you to flip for about 2 minutes tops on each side
*sprinkle with almonds and cinnamon if desired
*I use Walden Farms pancake syrups to top it off 🥞
Find Sareena on Instagram Here
Egg White Protein Pancakes by Alicia Mora
- Egg whites
- Protein powder
- Almond butter
- One full egg
- Walden farms syrup
Find Alicia on Instagram Here
Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Waffles by Jenny Davis
Find Jenny on Instagram Here
Protein French Toast
Very Berry Protein French Toast by Sarah Facemire
- 2 slices Dave's killer protein bread
- 4 egg whites
- Cinnamon and Stevia to taste
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup frozen/fresh raspberries
*whisk egg whites, cinnamon, and Stevia to taste
*dip break slices into egg mixture and cook evenly on both sides in skillet
*top with greek yogurt and berries to finish
Find Sarah Facemire on Instagram Here
French Toast by Alicia Mora
Protein Angel Food Cake
Protein Angel Food Cake by Sarah Facemire
- 8 room temp egg whites (real eggs, not from carton)
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or any extract that you want)
- Stevia to taste (I used 1 Tbsp)
- 1 scoop vanilla 100% whey powder (I used 100% gold standard whey that isn't pictured.)
- Round pan
- Spray for round pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and make sure eggs are at room temperature.
2. Separate egg whites and place all ingredients into mixing bowl.
3. Mix on high speed for a few minutes until stiff peaks form. I used a whisk attachment. Then fold in one scoop of your vanilla whey powder gently.
4. Place in sprayed round pan and then in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Take it out and let it cool for a few minutes. (Check with a toothpick in the middle and make sure it is clean. That will ensure it is cooked all of the way through.)
6. Place whatever toppings on top that you like! I choose the PB fit powdered peanut butter mixed with some water (according to package) and drizzled on top. Other great choices would be strawberries!
SO good!! As you can see, the cake is massive! Now you can have your cake and eat it too ;)
Chia Seed Pudding
Tumeric nutmeg Chia Seed Pudding by Gemma Bel
- chia Seed
- unsweetened almond milk
An excellent source of fiber, omegas, protein, B12, plant based, and low carb!
Protein 'Frosting' by Sarah Facemire
Ingredients (makes one serving):
- 1 cup fat-free plain greek yogurt
- 7g sugar-free cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 Tbsp zero calorie Stevia
- 7g mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- Add greek yogurt, pudding mix, and stevia to a bowl. Mix up until well combined and mixture becomes thick.
- Add toppings like chocolate chips and strawberries to the top.
- Eat and enjoy!