Right now I am on Bikini Competition Prep and if you have ever been on a competition prep before you know there is not a lot of wiggle room when it comes to sweets all of the time.
I have a love-hate relationship with egg whites and I do have them almost every morning for breakfast right now so of course, I am starting to get tired of them being 5 weeks out. I have been craving a lot of cake and doughnuts lately this prep so far and when I came across this recipe, I just had to try it!!
Super simple and easy to make even though I hardly ever bake cakes lol. Not to mention you can have the whole cake and not feel bad about it ;)
This recipe as been super requested to so I thought that I would share so that you can try it out too!
Angel Food Protein Cake
Entire cake- 136 kcal (53P / 4F / 2C)
- 8 room temp egg whites (real eggs, not from carton)
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or any extract that you want)
- Stevia to taste (I used 1 Tbsp)
- 1 scoop vanilla 100% whey powder (I used 100% gold standard whey that isn't pictured.)
- Round pan
- Spray for round pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and make sure eggs are at room temperature.
2. Separate egg whites and place all ingredients into mixing bowl.
3. Mix on high speed for a few minutes until stiff peaks form. I used a whisk attachment. Then fold in one scoop of your vanilla whey powder gently.
4. Place in sprayed round pan and then in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Take it out and let it cool for a few minutes. (Check with a toothpick in the middle and make sure it is clean. That will ensure it is cooked all of the way through.)
6. Place whatever toppings on top that you like! I choose the PB fit powdered peanut butter mixed with some water (according to package) and drizzled on top. Other great choices would be strawberries!
SO good!! As you can see, the cake is massive! Now you can have your cake and eat it too ;)
Did you enjoy this recipe? Don't forget to pin it!
For more healthy recipes, support, and accountability on your health and fitness journey, join our Top Knot Strong community!